Heartbreaking! Street photography in Cardiff during the lockdown. Finding the beauty in the sadness

Gareth Danks

Mar 3, 2021


Heartbreaking! Street photography in Cardiff during the lockdown. Finding the beauty in the sadness

In this video, I head to the capital city of Wales for some street photography, to capture the sadness and emptiness of the current lockdown. 

After my recent street photography trip to London, I wanted to document our capital to see how they compared. Very sadly Cardiff seems far worse and less likely to recover from the current situation than London.

In this video, I set my self the challenge of trying to find the beauty in the sadness; looking for abstract and simple compositions which illustrate the very upsetting times we are in. The whole shoot was a huge challenge and I nearly gave up due to the immense sadness I felt when I arrived! I reminded myself how very important it is that these times are documented I decided to use my Fujifilm XT4 with and 50mm (75mm full-frame) lens. this would enable me to look for more simplistic street photographs, eliminating the parts of the scene I found distracting

I hope you enjoy it! 

Ga :-)

Comments

Total Pageviews