Expressive Landscape Photography: Shooting locally in the Scottish Highlands.

Expressive Photography

Feb 21, 2021


During these very difficult times, Ann Kristin and I are very grateful for the fact we live on the far west of Scotland, surrounded by beautiful and majestic landscapes. Very small rural communities feel pretty safe, but at the same time isolated. The time we do get to spend out in the field working is precious to us, and like many, I spend most of my week stuck behind a desk.

For me, landscape photography is more about meaning than place, emotion than location. Yes, dramatic landscapes make for impressive images, but we're just photographing what's on our doorstep. In this video, we stop for an hour on our way home from an extended family bubble where we look out for my mum. As the mountains shone white above the fog, I just had to stop.

Hopefully this little escape to the Scottish Highlands in winter will be therapeutic and educational for you, wherever you are in the world.

Comments

Total Pageviews