5 DAYS PHOTOGRAPHY - Birds, blind and bummer Ep.2

Morten Hilmer

Feb 26, 2021


I am spending 5 days on a protected island in Denmark trying to capture just one photo of badgers in snow. It shows to be quite a challenge! Behind the scenes about my experiences so far and tips for camera trapping

Location: Denmark

Date: February 2021

Day: -12°C (10,4°F)
Night: -18°C (0,4°F)

------------------------------------

For about a year or so I have been following a badger family on a protected island in Denmark. This is the second part of my mini series where I am trying to photograph the badgers in the snow.
The project overall is me together with a scientist trying to document the behaviour of these mammals when not affected by human activity. We then compare this with the behaviour of badgers in more populated woodlands.
The badgers are not hibernating in a way where they are lowering their body temperature and sleep through the entire winter. They are simply just less active and sometimes they will not leave the den for many days. 
To capture these animals in mid winter is a challenge and my hopes are not too high. The best chance I have is to setup a trail camera and just cross my fingers. 

In the behind the scenes section I am sharing my experiences so far and I am giving a short update on what is happening in the near future.

I hope you enjoy these moments and that you can use some of the tips in the behind the scenes section.

Comments

Total Pageviews