Why I NEVER Do Sky Replacement Photography

Brendan van Son
Published on Jul 23, 2020


Sky replacement seems like the new trend in photography, and I really don't get it.  I NEVER do sky replacement in my landscape photos. This is why.

It seems like everyone I know is doing sky replacement in Luminar these days.  I don't get it. For me, photography is about trying to put all the elements together into one frame.  If something wasn't present at the scene, how can it be in your photograph?
That being said, I don't judge anyone that does sky replacement photography. It is a form of art. And if you disclose that your photograph is manipulated, then it's not a big deal.  Will I do sky replacements in the future? No. Absolutely not. For me, it's like not seeing an animal on safari, so adding one to your photo from a past trip.  I love the rush of photography. I love the challenge of trying to find a composition.  So, sky replacement to me takes the fun out of it.

Comments

Total Pageviews