BGWG #8: Q&A & Don Q Gran Añejo Rum

Nick Carver
Published on Jul 24, 2020


I KNOW THIS VIDEO’S LONG. Sorry. I rambled a bit. But that’s why I’ve so generously provided a table of contents:

- The Drink (0:52)
- Q&A (3:03)
- Do you ever shoot 35mm? (3:24)
- Do you still use your Fuji X-Pro2? (5:28)
- Is there a cure? (8:48)
- Which artists inspire your photography? (9:16)
- Favorite image? (15:15)
- Balancing business and art (19:36)
- Worst photography trend? (22:50)
- 6x17 back on a 4x5? (28.40)
- Retractable cap for meter (31:46)
- Top cheeses (32:50)
- Best focusing loupe? (33:11)
 
In this episode of Behind the Glass With a Glass, I’m doing something ultra-self-indulgent. I’m enjoying a glass of rum while talking about myself. Yeah, I know. I’m letting my massive worldwide fame go to my head. But that being said, I think some of this stuff might be enjoyable to a few folks.

Recently I asked my Instagram followers to submit questions that I would answer on the next BGWG. I received 158 questions. That’s more than I expected, which is fantastic! Thank you to anyone who submitted. In this video I will be answering 11 of those submissions. And if you ladies and gents like this whole Q&A thing, I’ll address more of those 158 questions in future videos.

If you don’t like this whole Q&A thing, well so be it. This will be the last one then. Either way, let me know in the comments.

In this video I’ll be addressing topics of using 35mm, my thoughts on the Fuji X-Pro2, what artists inspire my photography, what my favorite image is, what the worst photography trends are, the benefits of shooting 6x17 on a 4x5 camera, and more! And I’m going to juggle ALL THIS while sipping a bit of Don Q Gran Añejo Puerto Rican Rum.

A bottle of this delicious rum will run you about $50-$60 (US) and, in my opinion, it’s worth every penny. To me, it tastes of dark chocolate…so, no wonder I love it. But keep this rum out of your next Mai Tai. It’s top shelf stuff too good to be mixed with a bunch of sugary fruity fixin’s. I recommend it served neat in a highball glass garnished with a linen shirt and some sunscreen, because this rum is a one-way ticket to Summertown, USA.

As always, thanks for watching, please drink responsibly, and here's to you - cheers!

Comments

Total Pageviews