Wildlife Photography: Tom Mason - Wildlife Photography on Location | African River Safari with the Nikon D850 + Exposure Tips

Tom Mason
Published on Aug 10, 2019

Hey Guys!
In this Video we are out on the boat on the Chobe river for an African River Safari.

Before I headed out to Africa I was already excited for the possibility of working from the boat, designed by Pangolin these have been specially adapted for photography with Gimbal mounts and swivel chairs for ease of shooting - The chance to shoot form the river grants a different view from the standard over land safari, approaching form the water lots of subjects are far easier to get close to for some unique photographic opportunities (and we certainly had some of those!)

In the boat I'm shooting my trusty 300mm 2.8 VR II along with the D850 -  probably my all round favourite camera on the planet.
I also have a D5 on loan from Nikon UK (Thanks guys) with the 35mm on and the Nikon Z6 is doing all the filming!

I was lucky enough to be invited out to stay with Pangolin Safaris in order to do some shooting and scouting for some future projects (stay tuned if you enjoy the videos and fancy travelling with me in the next few years!)

In regards to full integrity I was given the chance to travel out to Botswana free as part of a scouting mission ahead of leading my own tours back here in the future!

As always if you have any questions about the gear or wildlife photography in general pop them down in the comment below, You can check out more of my work over at www.tommasonphoto.com (new website coming soon) Please subscribe for future videos and of course feel free to share with anyone/groups you think might find the channel helpful!

Comments

Total Pageviews