Landscape Photography: Gary Gough - COPYING OTHER PHOTOGRAPHERS Yes or No?

Gary Gough
Published on Aug 8, 2019

COPYING OTHER PHOTOGRAPHERS Yes or No?

In this video, I met a photographer and pretty much copied his picture. Is this a good or bad practice?
This is something I would never normally do but the circumstances here were different! To shoot the picture the timing had to be critical to the shot. The tide had to be at a certain height and the lighting conditions had to play ball. The window of opportunity to grab this shot was very slim. Right down to only a few days of the year. Furthermore, I couldn't move left or right and I couldn't lower or raise my tripod height.

On top of all of that, I had to stand in the sea whilst the tide rushed in and out. This was very unnerving!
Another issue was the fast-moving tide lashing against my tripod whilst trying to shoot a long exposure.
The big debate on today's video...
You see a great shot and you want it for yourself...
Copy it or not?

THANKS to the Anthony Keith Gosling for the inspiration for the making of this vlog. His original work appeared on my Facebook group and I was completely absorbed by his work.
THANK YOU
Thanks as always for your support.
COMMENTS ARE ALWAYS WELCOME!
THANK YOU
Gary

Comments

Total Pageviews