Landscape Photography & Urban Exploration: Gary Gough - Creepy Pier Urbex & Landscapes

Gary Gough
Published on Jun 2, 2019

Creepy Pier Urbex & Landscapes - In this video I visit Birnbeck Pier to capture a few Landscape shots + Urban Discovery
This video was shot in in February this year. I discovered it sat on my hard drive, I completely forgot about it. I thoroughly enjoyed the day so it seemed a waste leaving it there!
Birnbeck Pier is situated on the Bristol Channel in Weston-super-Mare, North Somerset, England. In the early 19th and early 20th centuries, the pier was popular both with locals and tourists. It's incredible to think that steamers plying their trade in the Bristol Channel actually mored up there.
The pier eventually closed in 1979 It remains in a largely derelict state. Part of the pier collapsed during storms on 30 December 2015

I believe there have been many plans put forward for its restoration but at present, it just rots away.
As much as locations like this are amazing for Urban Exploring you can help but feel sorry for the place. Imagine the years and years of entertainment Birnbeck has provided. I really hope they restore it to its former glory!
COMMENTS ARE ALWAYS WELCOME!
THANK YOU
Gary

Comments

Total Pageviews