Urban Photography: Gary Gough - Wrong Place Wrong Time What now? Landscape Photography

Gary Gough
Published on Mar 1, 2019

Wrong Place Wrong Time What now? Landscape Photography
In this video, I try my best to make the best of a bad situation. Wrong place, wrong time, so what now?...

Whilst I was travelling around the South West coast of England I was fairly close to a location I had earmarked to photograph. As I was in the area I thought it would be rude not to :) The problem is I didn't do any homework except I remembered it was a tide-in shot. I checked and it was phew!
The location was the wonderful Second Severn Crossing officially known as the Prince of Wales Bridge. It was my first time shooting at this amazing location. It's a real pain in the backside to actually drive to and park anywhere close to the underside of the bridge. I eventually managed to get within a brisk walk away so it was all good in the end.

The bridge joins England to Gods country or Wales as I know it :)

This was my problem... I set up on English side shooting across to Wales. This is fine but this location is better suited to a sunset shot and not a sunrise shot. That's not really a problem as long if the sky reflects colour from the sunrise light opposite. This clearly didn't happen, so what now?

Watch the video and let me know if you think my efforts were well rewarded.
THANK YOU
Gary

Comments

Total Pageviews