Macro Photography: Tom Mason - Macro Photography | Wildlife Photography Tips - Whiteboxing in the Jungle

Tom Mason
Published on Oct 21, 2018

As a wildlife photographer, Macro photography isn't something I do too often, tending instead to focus on megafauna in my Work.

Developing your skills and challenging yourself is important, so whilst I'm out in the Rainforest I set myself a small side project to shoot macro portraits of some of the awesome little creatures myself and the researchers came across out in the field. Today we are going behind the scenes of my whiteboxing before heading out for some more wide angles in the field.

Do you like shooting macro, or do you tend to find the larger animals attract your attention? After two months in the Amazon I certainly found a new love for macro shooting and will certainly be spending more time in the future, exploring the miniature natural world! Especially focusing on the wide angle side, my Nikon 20mm makes me fall in love with it a little more on every shoot!
( Its this one incase you're wondering http://tidd.ly/20997359 )

As always if you have any Wildlife Photography questions, drop them in the comments below, Thanks for watching and if you're not already, be sure to Subscribe!

In Peru I have been staying with the awesome CREES foundation at the MLC in Manu. Over the last 30 years they have taken an area of deforested farmland and by working with local people, with a solid conservation strategy have shown just what's possible by bringing the rainforest and animals back to this part of Manu!

Comments

Total Pageviews