Landscape Photography: Gary Gough - Autumn Colours at the LAKE DISTRICT - Too late or too early?

Gary Gough
Published on Oct 19, 2018

Autumn Colours at the LAKE DISTRICT - Too late or too early? I photograph autumn colours at Loughrigg Tarn & Rydal Water
It was a last minute decision to fly up to the Lakes Yesterday (18th Oct) to capture the lovely colours we expect to find this time of year.
Photographing autumnal colours can be harder than you think!. The location itself can be quite a challenge. More often than not, as is the case with most of the Lakes, the trees are mainly ever-greens. Your timing has to be spot-on too. Too early and the leaves won't display the rich colours we want. Too late and you're in danger of a single day of bad weather stripping the trees of all their beauty!

I can't say I was a little disappointed but the colours weren't just rich enough for me. Maybe I should have left it for another week? Having said that some of the trees already looked to dropping their leaves. The weather forecast for next week looks less than favourable too. Maybe this was the only chance I had?
No matter what, I'm fairly happy with the outcome. A few nice shots I suppose.
The ray of light to come from this trip for me was just how gorgeous Rydal Water was. I turned up just as the sun was setting. I hadn't planned on visiting that particular area but I am so glad I did. I fully intend to revisit Rydal and I'll probably stay over and capture a sunset and sunrise!

THANK YOU
Gary

Comments

Total Pageviews