Landscape Photography: Gary Gough - Landscape Photography Isle of Arran - Is Photography a drug?

Gary Gough
Published on Feb 24, 2019

Landscape  Photography Isle of Arran - Is Photography a drug?
In this weeks video, I travelled North to the Isle of Arran. I had great expectations but they were soon dashed!

The Isle of Arran dubbed as "Scotland in Miniature" but in my opinion, it should be called the Lake District of Scotland! I certainly don't mean to offend anyone by that statement. but the landscape to me felt more akin to the Lakes than it did the Isle of Skye. I only mention the Isle of Skye as a point of reference simply because that is what I had imagined it would be like! Maybe it was just my assumption of the place that was wrong!

DISAPPOINTMENT - I travelled up North to spend 5 days on Arran. After the second day, I found myself sat looking at the map trying to figure where I could travel to away from the Island in order to take better pictures. I was so disappointed with what I had seen. Again, this was possibly simply down to my assuming the Island was more like Skye and it certainly isn't!

IT GOT BETTER - I stopped with the self-pity, rolled my sleeves up and cracked on. I am so glad I did!
This video just goes to show what can be achieved when you knuckle down and just crack on!
THANK YOU

Gary

Comments

Total Pageviews