Landscape Photography: Tim Kirk - Ruby Beach | Olympic National Park

Tim Kirk
Published on Jan 27, 2019

When looking back at the content I have created over the past 10 months, it occurred to me that I have yet to visit the beach.  For this video, I travel to Ruby Beach along the coast of Washington State.  Ruby Beach is protected beach and is part of the Olympic National Park.  For this trip, I arrived in the early afternoon, which gave me plenty of time to scout the area for compositions.  As noted in the video, ocean water and beach sand can play havoc on camera equipment and tripods.  It is critical to recovery your equipment as soon as you return home – including cameras, lenses and tripods.  For the tripods, I recommend a wash with mild soapy water and a full rinse with water; it is essential to remove all the sand and salt water residue.

Comments

Total Pageviews