Wildlife Photography & Bushcraft: Morten Hilmer - 3 DAYS WILDLIFE PHOTOGRAPHY AND SOLO BUSHCRAFT | Deer Spotting, Basecamp, Tentipi, Campfire Cooking

Morten Hilmer
Published on Dec 30, 2018

For me nothing is better than spending some days in the forest, combining bushcraft and wildlife photography.
Something happens to my mind when sitting next to the campfire cooking my food, listening to the wind in the trees and watching all the beauty of nature.

It's like I'm settling down and it becomes easier to be present. I find it easier to focus and stay focused and suddenly all the small things in nature appear - the sounds, the smells and the details. This might not happen the first day, but it always happens. The therapy of nature you might call it.

This time I am in Thy National Park on the Northwest coast of Denmark to photograph the deer and since I am staying for 3 days, I am making a basecamp in the forest, using my new Tentipi Safir 5.

Everything is extremely wet so starting the fire even with the firesteel was not easy.

So yeah this is going to be all about solo bushcraft camping, wildlife photography, campfire cooking and just having an awesome time in nature.

Comments

Total Pageviews