Fine Art Photography: Nick Carver -Fine Art Photography: Back for Another Festival

Nick Carver
Published on Dec 29, 2018

You guys know I'm all about that printing life. I find my greatest satisfaction in creating framed prints of my work. But these prints can't just collect dust in the storage unit - they need to be SEEN. That's why I love doing art festivals.

Sure, sure, it's great if you can sell a print and make some of your money back, but really I'm mostly after that spiritual currency. You know...fulfillment bucks, enlightenment dollars, satisfaction coins. They may not buy you a Big Mac but believe you me they'll feed your soul.

Creating something you're proud of, putting it in front of people, engaging with viewers, seeing their reactions - that'll rack up the fulfillment bucks. Deciding to exhibit in an art festival can be overwhelming. It's a lot of work, no doubt about that, and you're unlikely to turn a profit the first few shows. But I continue to want to do art festivals because they are so rewarding.

In this video I'll take you along as I plan and prep for my next art festival. From making the photographic prints to attending orientation to manning my booth on the day of, it's all here. The art festival you see in this video is the annual Newport Beach Art in the Park held in Newport Beach, California. It's a one-day show that I have participated in once before. This year wasn't quite as successful as my previous experience, but hey, I still had a great time.

Thanks for watching!

Comments

Total Pageviews